Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thankful For The Tears

Wanna know something odd that I'm thankful for? My pain, all those nights I cried "why me", all those days I felt alone, all the wisdom of situations I didn't want. I'm thankful for every drop, because now if someone asks my advice or calls me crying "why aren't I good enough?" I can tell them what I found out the hard way, you are good enough! Sometimes people are good for you & sometimes their bad & if you only thank God for the good people you are living a shallow life. Because growth doesn't come strictly from the people that encourage & build you up, it comes from the people that tear you down & make you rebuild yourself.
If you've never experienced the bad, how can you appreciate the good?
Those nights you spend alone build you up, they thicken your skin, they deepen your relationship with God. When you have no one to turn to, He's there. Why is it some people hit rock bottom & then look up & decide to follow God? Because they went through the bad & now appreciate God for all He says He is. He's not just God in the good times, He's not just God in the bad times. He is the God of ALL. In every circumstance, in every minute look to Jesus.
Let this encourage those of you who belong to Christ: the storm may be tempestuous, but it is only temporary. The clouds that are temporarily rolling over your head will pass, and then you will have fair weather, an eternal sunshine of glory. Can you not watch with Christ for one hour? “~ Williams Gurnall

No comments:

Post a Comment