Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Asking For Patience....And Getting It.



 Now when I pictured a "Christian Blogger" I always pictured a girl with perfect curls sipping tea out of her favorite Scripture mug, with her bible open beside her notebook that's filled with artistic doodles & sayings.....And then there's me. As I sat yesterday trying to pretty up my blog a little, I realized that's more fantasy & what I was doing was more like reality....at least for me, what I was doing was counting to 10 so I didn't flip over my laptop because I was so aggravated trying to figure out what all that HTML stuff meant....with leftover cheese fries sitting to my right. Sure there was a candle & a little book with its pages artistically folded into a cross, so you would think I would try to suck in their creative & calming presence. But nope, those greasy leftover cheese fries was more my style at that moment. I guess you could say tempers run in my family (generational curse anyone?) but that's when looking back I should have been asking for Gods peace so I could strengthen my patience, see I always pray for patience but well the problem with that is I don't have the patience to get patience...You know what I mean? Haha I'm learning that God doesn't always use big grand moments to strengthen us, sometimes it's those moments when we just have to stop & choose to have patience, to have grace even in the middle of this messy crazy life

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

God gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit not just for the cool Spiritual parts but as a whole, the Holy Spirit in us produces fruits but we have to nurture & prune ourselves to see the full tuition of those fruits. One of those fruits happens to be patience, and an important one at that. Almost every other fruit requires the fruit of patience, in fact their all entwined into each other, so don't think you can have peace without love or faithfulness without self-control. So I don't know about you but I'm ready to break out the gardening tools & start letting God do what He does best!

I'm in love with this illustration!


I always look forward to hearing from you so don't forget to comment or subscribe if something hit home with you today!
Be blessed, Stacie.

No comments:

Post a Comment