Saturday, October 24, 2015

Growing Into A Modest Lifestyle

I have a confession, I've been saved since I was 17. I've let the Lord work in every area of my life except one. I've gotten rid of worldly music, I've cut out gossip, I won't swear, I try being kind even to those I have reasons not to. But there's one area I've hidden from the Lord, my style. I made a vow about 2 years ago to not wear 2 piece bikinis after watching a video about why Christian girls shouldn't wear them, but honestly Ive let the rest of my wardrobe reveal just to much. Now I will say it's gotten a lot better, I won't wear belly shirts, I try to keep my shorts a little longer, or have excessive cleavage. But I will wear belly shirts with high-waisted shorts, my shorts aren't as long as they should be & well I don't really have cleavage to reveal. I want to change that. So I'm asking you to join in on this journey with me, I've been doing a lot of research into the modest looks. My favorite looks come from the Queens Of Modest, none other than the Duggar Girls!





I'm asking you all, join in & keep me updated on your progress. I plan on taking a whole day to go through my closets & donate the clothes I won't wear anymore to Plato's Closet, even if I only get 20 bucks it'll be worth it to know I put a foot in the right direction.


 1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with modesty and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;


With all that being said please keep me updated if you decide to enter this journey with me! We're stronger in numbers ladies!!
Be Blessed, xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment